(Last updated: 28 March 2021)
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Philippa Michael is the “data controller”. This means that Philippa Michael determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including your name, email address and phone number.
• Website and traffic data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record-keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our services to you through the website.
• We may contact you by email and phone in accordance with your expressed consent for such contact.
The legal basis for processing your data
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
• That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
• That we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
• That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request within one week of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
• Right of data portability - You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please email us on email@example.com
• Right of access to your data - You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Right to rectification of inaccurate data - If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us on email@example.com and we will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
• Right to object to processing of your data - You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Philippa Michael Photo & Design will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us on email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your information is stored electronically in a password protected document and folder on a secure server by Philippa Michael.
We may use photographs to promote PM Photo & Design on the Website, social media, brochures, magazine advertisements and other such material, providing that the images used are used lawfully and without damage to PM Photo & Design’s client(s).
Whether a past or current client, you may withdraw consent for a photograph in which you appear to be displayed. You have the right to ask for such image to be removed. To do so, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org. After the request has been made, PM Photo & Design will take the necessary steps to remove the image.
Links to other websites
If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, please email us on email@example.com